Botswana UFO files (disclosure documents) are not available and external documents are not available either. But on May 7, 1989, an unknown craft entering South African airspace resulted in Mirage Fighter Jets scrambling to intercept. They received orders to engage, which they did, firing at the craft, and the craft crashed with two or three occupants. But is this really true?
UFO enthusiast James Van Greunen
According to James Van Greunen, which was the person who promoted this story, the shoot-down of an alien craft over Kalahari desert in Botswana is real. But he admitted in a backdoor meeting in Germany to a UFO conference, that he himself had forged the documents that were said to come out from a South African military base, where he had a friend working there.
Former British Police Officer Tony Dodd
The case is generally considered as a hoax and that was also Tony Dodd´s (former British Police Officer) first thought when he received the documents from James Van Greunen in 1989. But the amount of detail was startling. So Dodd wanted to check the authenticity of the report with help from contacts in both South Africa and the United States. The responses confirmed the incident to be true, well, there is a nice article that covers all that see The Kalahari Incident.
Botswana UFO files missing?
If you have knowledge of additional resources to the Botswana UFO files not been addressed in my article, please drop a comment.
Botswana flag image credit: countryflags.com
- Massive UFO / UAP photo sighting gallery
- Mysterious shape-shifting UFO disguised as airplane?
- Amazing Lanzarote sphere UFOs in broad daylight
- Mysterious UFO sighting in the sky (cloud creator photo)
- UFO sighting, landing and alien contact
- Orange UFO sprinkles mystery substance?
- Flying saucer with fast orbiting transformer UFO probe
- UFO sighting on warship in the North Sea
- UFO mothership with flying saucers docked?
- Military aircraft in dramatic UFO fleet hunt over Denmark