Botswana UFO files (disclosure documents) are not available and external documents are not available either. But on May 7, 1989, an unknown craft entering South African airspace resulted in Mirage Fighter Jets scrambling to intercept. They received orders to engage, which they did, firing at the craft, and the craft crashed with two or three occupants. But is this really true?
UFO enthusiast James Van Greunen
According to James Van Greunen, which was the person who promoted this story, the shoot-down of an alien craft over Kalahari desert in Botswana is real. But he admitted in a backdoor meeting in Germany to a UFO conference, that he himself had forged the documents that were said to come out from a South African military base, where he had a friend working there.
Former British Police Officer Tony Dodd
The case is generally considered as a hoax and that was also Tony Dodd´s (former British Police Officer) first thought when he received the documents from James Van Greunen in 1989. But the amount of detail was startling. So Dodd wanted to check the authenticity of the report with help from contacts in both South Africa and the United States. The responses confirmed the incident to be true, well, there is a nice article that covers all that see The Kalahari Incident.
Botswana UFO files missing?
If you have knowledge of additional resources to the Botswana UFO files not been addressed in my article, please drop a comment.
Botswana flag image credit: countryflags.com
- UFO mothership with flying saucers docked?
- UFO sighting, landing and alien contact
- Military aircraft in dramatic UFO fleet hunt over Denmark
- Alien mothership with flying saucers and UFO scout fleet?
- Mystery UFO with dome flying in the clouds
- UFO with funnel photographed near the Sun
- Cylindrical UFO emitting strange field (daylight photo)
- UFO sighting on warship in the North Sea
- Vertical UFO cause displacement of sunlight?
- Sphere UFO with tinted windows and strange vertical companion