Afghanistan UFO files (disclosure documents) seem not to exist. But a wave of sightings in 1980-81 got U.S. Department of State interested in the matter and documents from there have been declassified under Freedom of Information legislation.
On February 4, 1981, a Mr. Archard reported to the American Embassy in Aslamabad, Pakistan, about close encounters in Afghanistan. He addresses the matter of the “UFOs” seen by several adventurers there to be secret devices or technologies of the former Soviet Union. It began in 1980 and continued to concern U.S. authorities into 1981.
The locations of the sightings have been Ghazni August 1980, Nuristan September 1980 and Khost January 1981. The sightings are described as bright lights illuminating large portions of, or as much as one quarter of the Afghan sky (source 1).
Missing Afghanistan UFO files?
If you have knowledge of additional resources to the Afghanistan UFO files not been addressed in my article, please drop a comment.
Bhutan flag image credit: countryflags.com
- Amazing Lanzarote sphere UFOs in broad daylight
- Mysterious UFO sighting in the sky (cloud creator photo)
- Cylindrical UFO emitting strange field (daylight photo)
- Military aircraft in dramatic UFO fleet hunt over Denmark
- UFO sighting on warship in the North Sea