Persistent aircraft contrails making shadows in the sky was photographed in Denmark on September 22, 2010. There is nothing exciting about these pictures other than the shadow caused by the aircraft condensation trails. The shadows are not above the contrails but beneath them since the sunlight comes from above shining down. Photos are from Odense city.
The photo above has been tilted 90 degrees. It shows two persistent aviation contrails heading south-west at 3.02 pm local time. Because of the angle to the Sun from the upper aircraft and its condensation trail, the shadow is cast in front of the plane.
Persistent aircraft contrails photo gallery
Here are a few more photos of the Sun-aircraft-contrail-shadow scenario.
Since I have shot over 7000 photos of clouds and contrails (and still shooting), I intend to show some of my most interesting and best DSLR photos here on site. Some of it may be kind of boring stuff but I share it anyway.
See the weather history for Denmark (Vojens-Skrydstrup Air Base) on September 22, 2010
Camera used: Sony A-100 DSLR with a standard 18-75mm zoom lens
- Bizarre UFO phenomenon emitting condensation or ectoplasm?
- Aircraft contrails crisscrossing the sky above Odense city
- Mysterious UFO sighting in the sky (cloud creator photo)
- Military aircraft in dramatic UFO fleet hunt over Denmark
- Photos show the dissolution of an aviation contrail