Persistent aircraft contrails making shadows in the sky was photographed in Denmark on September 22, 2010. There is nothing exciting about these pictures other than the shadow caused by the aircraft condensation trails. The shadows are not above the contrails but beneath them since the sunlight comes from above shining down. Photos are from Odense city.
The photo above has been tilted 90 degrees. It shows two persistent aviation contrails heading south-west at 3.02 pm local time. Because of the angle to the Sun from the upper aircraft and its condensation trail, the shadow is cast in front of the plane.
Persistent aircraft contrails photo gallery
Here are a few more photos of the Sun-aircraft-contrail-shadow scenario.
Since I have shot over 7000 photos of clouds and contrails (and still shooting), I intend to show some of my most interesting and best DSLR photos here on site. Some of it may be kind of boring stuff but I share it anyway.
See the weather history for Denmark (Vojens-Skrydstrup Air Base) on September 22, 2010
Camera used: Sony A-100 DSLR with a standard 18-75mm zoom lens
- Aerodynamic contrails residues development
- Strange UFO daylight photo reveals mysterious object with reflections and shadows
- Dotted aircraft contrail strands flanked by Cirrus cloud type
- Photogenic contrail dissolves in the sky above Denmark
- Massive contrail expansion with mysterious visitor